How to make a glowing drink for fun party. People love to have glow in the dark parties. They go all out with glow in the dark t-shirts, glasses and more. However, would you like to make a glow in the dark drink that you can drink? Yeah – that would be cool.
How to make a glowing drink for fun party
Glow-in-the-dark parties using black lights can be tons of fun. But while everyone loads up on the fluorescent clothing and body paint for a glow-in-the-dark party. What most people tend to forget is that you can also mix up drinks that will glow under a black light.
Now wouldn’t that be cool to have a drink that glows in the dark? Personally I think it would be awesome – especially if we can drink it.
How to Make Drink Glow
The question is: How do you make a drink glow? The answer is simple; there are several liquids that easily glow in the dark. All of which you can use to make drinks at your black light party.
- Tonic water (blue)
- Energy drinks with B vitamins (bright yellow)
- Milk (yellow)
- Vanilla ice cream (yellow)
- Caramel (golden yellow)
- Honey (golden yellow)
- Syrup (golden yellow)
- Sprite, 7Up, Mountain Dew, and other clear drinks will seem to glow as well because they reflect the light of the black light.
Best Glowing Drink
Tonic water and energy drinks have the best and brightest glow, but you may need more options to serve your guests. Mixing these ingredients and adding in other flavors can make some tasty and eye-appealing beverages.
If you are not crazy about the taste of tonic water, try making ice cubes using the tonic water. Then add them to a glass of Sprite or another light colored citrus drink to get the glow in the dark effect.
If you want to make this for a cool party or for a special event. Say like an end of school year party.
Here are the ingredients you will need.
- Tonic water
- Cranberry juice (or grape juice or other purple juice)
- Fill the glass about 1/3 to 1/2 full with the juice.
- If you are adding alcohol, pour it in.
- Add tonic water (or diet tonic water) until the glass is full.
- Turn on the black light and flip off the regular lights.
- Serve the drink and enjoy the glowing color.
Pro Drink Mixing Tip: How to make a glowing drink – the more tonic water in the drink, the more it will glow.
Balance flavor (the juice) with the glowing effect (tonic water) to make a drink that both looks and tastes good.
If you would like learn several other ways to make cool looking glow in the dark drinks. We provided a link down below to more “how to” information.